If you manage projects and programs, you may have multiple stakeholders including your project sponsor, you team members, senior leaders, third-party organizations, suppliers, and the individuals who consume or use the products and services that you helped to create.
Your stakeholders have different perspectives, needs, and concerns. Your ability to identify, understand, and manage these stakeholders can greatly improve your chance for success.
Colin Gautrey from Learn to Influence and I will be contributing to this series. I am super pumped about having Colin helping me lead this series. Why? Because I don’t know anyone who has more knowledge and experience in the realm of stakeholder management and influencing than Colin.
Colin and I will be covering a lot of ground. Here’s a list of the articles:
- Welcome to the Smart Stakeholder Management Series (Harry)
- Four Reasons Why You Struggle to Engage Stakeholders (Colin)
- How to Create and Use a Stakeholder Register (Video – Harry)
- What PMs Need to Know About Stakeholder Management (Colin)
- 10 Wonderful Ways to Make Your Stakeholders Happy (Harry)
- 8 Ways You Can Better Respond to Unrealistic Demands (Colin)
- Colin Gautrey on the Stakeholder Influence Process (YouTube Video – Colin)
- How to Turn Stakeholder Conflicts on its Head (Harry)
- Nine Awesome Benefits in the World of Stakeholder Management (Harry)
- Guilty of Annoying Your Stakeholders (Colin)
- Six Essential Requirements of an Influencing Strategy (Colin)