Is your organization struggling to achieve its objectives?
Every organization manages risk, some better than others. How can organizations engage the right people, at the right time, and undertake the right risk management activities? How can organizations achieve their objectives and fulfill their mission? In this presentation, we will explore an enterprise risk management (ERM) framework that can help you plan and evaluate an ERM program, identify risks, evaluate risks, develop and implement risk response plans, and monitor risks.
What You Will Learn
At the end of this presentation, participants will be able to:
- Describe attributes desired for an ERM Champion
- Describe how to develop an ERM Committee
- Describe the role of a Board of Directors
- Tell why executive sponsorship is essential to ERM
- Explain ERM
- Explain strategic risk management
- Define risk
- Tell what to include in an ERM Policy
- Describe how to use risk categories
- Restate the risk management processes (framework)
- Share different techniques for identifying risks
- Tell what to include in a risk register
- Identify and engage risk owners
- Explain the differences between qualitative and quantitative risk analysis
- Describe how to evaluate risks qualitatively and quantitatively
- Tell how to develop risk response plans
- Describe the risk monitoring process and frequency
Instructor-Led Zoom Courses
Is your PMI Chapter or organization looking for ways to boost your risk management knowledge and application? Consider an Instructor-Led Zoom presentation. Schedule a discovery call to discuss.
How to jumpstart an erm program
Discover the basics needed to implement and improve your ERM Program.
how to jumpstart and erm program
Discover the basics needed to implement and improve your ERM Program. Additional learning exercises are included.
Harry Hall, PMP, PMI-RMP, ARM-E
Harry Hall, the Project Risk Coach, is a speaker, teacher, author, and blogger. He has implemented enterprise and Information Technology PMOs and enterprise risk management (ERM) programs in the financial, healthcare, and agricultural industries. Additionally, he loves to teach others how to speak Southern. Harry is a graduate of the University of Georgia and is a certified PMP®, PMI-RMP®, and has his Associate in Risk Management (ARM-E).
President, Middle Georgia Internal Auditors Chapter
Harry spoke at our recent virtual quarterly meeting of the Institute of Internal Auditors - Middle Georgia Chapter. Although the session was virtual, it was quite interactive, and our chapter members seemed to enjoy the topic (Jumpstart an ERM Program) and the presentation. We have received very positive feedback from several members on the presentation. We look forward to inviting Harry to speak at another chapter event in the future.
Associate Internal Auditor at Mercer University
Thank you for your great presentation today on Enterprise Risk Management. I took notes throughout your presentation. I really appreciate your approach to teaching and you have so much practical experience that comes across in your presentation.