About This Workshop
Welcome to the Leading Successful Projects Workshop! For many organizations, only one out of every three projects is successful. These organizations fail to achieve their strategic goals and fulfill their mission. Furthermore, project managers fail to impact their world and advance their careers.
What You Will Learn
In this four-hour live online course, we will review core project management concepts and then progressively walk through how to initiate, plan, execute, control, and close your projects. You'll learn:
- The single fastest, easiest, and best way to get everyone on the same page
- Why interpersonal skills are just as important as technical skills
- The reasons your project sponsors are critical
- What to do when you can't pick your project team
- The truth about planning and being diligent
- What to do when you're given a challenging deadline
- Seven reasons successful project managers pay attention to quality management
- How to minimize the potential of getting caught off guard by your stakeholders
- The one trick to keep your project from coming apart at the seams
- Three questions to ask after every project
You won't need any software or materials other than your preferred note-taking device (pen & paper, Evernote, or anything in between). If you don't have experience in managing projects, that's fine. If you do have experience, great - you can apply it to the course for greater benefit.
Who is the Target Audience?
- Anyone who leads projects
- Individuals being mentored in project management
- Small business owners and entrepreneurs
- Project team members who want to gain a better understanding of how to add value to their projects
- Experienced project managers wanting to review core project management concepts
- Certified project managers who wish earn PDUs
Leadership is not about titles, positions or flowcharts. It is about one life influencing another.
- John C. Maxwell-
Project Management Terms and Concepts
How to Initiate Your Projects
How to Plan Your Projects
How to Execute Your Projects
How to Monitor and Control Your Projects
How to Close Your Projects
Professional Development Units
This class is based on the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK). Upon successful completion of this class, you will qualify for four PMI Technical PDUs (Education: Online or Digital Media).
What people say about Harry. . .
“Harry has been a very influential person in my career. When first venturing into the world of project management, he provided me with the guidance and education I needed from day one.” -DAN JONES, PMP
“Intelligent leadership, creative communication and depth of technical skill all describe Harry Hall.” -JOHN BARTUSKA, SPHR, SHRM-SCP
“Harry does a great job of boiling down the complex issues facings PMs today and presents solutions in a way that even a novice project manager can understand and apply.” -JEREMY CAUSEY, PMP
“Harry is a wealth of knowledge and experience.” -ALISON MILLS-LONG, PMP
“Harry’s interactive approach is very entertaining and conducive to learning.” -JODI WISOR, PMP
Ready to talk? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and let's discuss your next project management event. Your contact information will not be used for marketing purposes.
Harry Hall, PMP, PMI-RMP
Hi, I'm Harry Hall, the Project Risk Coach. Many project managers spend their time putting out fires, rather than proactively moving things forward. The results are a loss of time, missed dates, frustrated team members, and adverse impacts to your project management career. Hey, I can help! In this workshop, you will learn what's necessary to consistently deliver successful projects.